Print Advertising Specifications
Download the 2015 Media Kit
(PDF, 1.93 MB)
Electronically Submitted Ads
ASQ accepts only digital ads for all publications. Film is no longer accepted. Ads submitted electronically must arrive at ASQ by the space reservation closing date. Please fax your hard copy proof to 414-765-8673.
Accepted File Formats
The creation of PDF files directly from applications is not recommended. The proper way is to create a postscript file and use Acrobat Distiller to create the PDF. Any files not created this way may process with undesirable results. Postscript and Acrobat settings are available at www.asq.org, or contact ASQ Production Services.
Other acceptable applications: Adobe InDelogin, Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop. If submitting an ad using one of the these applications, please include the following:
- A copy of each graphic support file (art of photo) saved as a TIFF or EPS, and the files should be linked.
- All screen and printer fonts.
You must include the following information with each electronic ad submittal:
- A 100% (same size) color or black and white copy of the ad will need to accompany the digital file for clarity of copy and content. ASQ cannot be responsible for your ad if no hard copy is furnished.
- Media accepted: CD (read only), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (must be self-extracting archive, .sea), or ftp site. Note: An ftp client software program is required to send files to the ftp site. Contact Barbara Mitrovic at 800-248-1946 or e-mail email@example.com for ftp instructions.
- Contact your Naylor account executive for cost.
- Each insert counts as one insertion toward the earned rate and will be billed as one page, at the black and white earned rate.
- Postcard inserts will be billed as 1⁄2 page island rate, at the black and white earned rate. Rates for special units are available upon request.
- Unfurnished inserts must be received by the first business day of the month preceding publication.
- Contact ASQ Production Services to review specifications, printer approval, and postal approval.
Binding Method: Perfect bound, jogs to head
Minimum Size: 5 1⁄2"w x 4 1⁄2"d
Maximum Size: 8 1⁄4"w x 11"d
Trims: 1⁄8” head, skive, foot, and face
Safety: Minimum 1⁄8" from trim
Stock: 9 pt. for Business Reply Mail
Perforations: 50/50, with vertical perf 3⁄8" from binding edge
Quantity: Call to confirm quantity plus 4% spoilage allowance
Online Advertising Specifications
|ASQ.org & Qualityprogress.com||
See Media Kit (PDF, 4.5 MB) for details on Flash animation guidelines (page 17)