Quality Progress publishes two types of articles: features and columns. A feature article is 2,500 words or less and covers all topics; columns are a maximum of 600 words and are written on specific, repeating topics.
Aim and Scope
Quality Progress is ASQ’s monthly membership magazine and flagship publication. The magazine seeks to be the world's leading source of timely information about quality principles, tools and techniques. It provides learning opportunities, stimulates discussion on achieving performance excellence and delivers the means by which individuals, organizations and society can improve.
Please note Quality Progress will not publish an article that serves primarily to promote an organization's or individual’s products or services. In addition, it will not consider an article that is being submitted simultaneously to another publication, or use a previously published article without substantial revisions.
Why Should I Submit an Article?
By writing for QP, you gain:
- Recognition from your peers and from current and prospective employers.
- Exposure to 100,000+ quality professionals and practitioners.
- Points toward continuing education or recertification.
- Credit toward becoming an ASQ Fellow.
- “Publish or perish” credit for academics.
- Peer review of your work.
- Professional editing of your work.
- Recognition that you are contributing to the body of knowledge on quality.
- The satisfaction of giving back to your profession.