Quality in Service
Quality in Service on ASQTV™
You face a special challenge: Meet customer needs while remaining economically competitive. Automated processes can make an impact, but services are still labor-intensive. There can be no substitute for high-quality personal interaction between service employees and customers. Use quality practices to:
- Understand and improve operational processes.
- Identify problems quickly and systematically.
- Establish valid and reliable service performance measures.
- Measure customer satisfaction and other performance outcomes.
Quality in the News
Accreditation in Forensic Science – An Introduction to ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17020
This article from the January/February 2013 issue of Evidence Technology Magazine provides an introduction to International Standards ISO/IEC 17025 and 17020, including the rationale for accreditation and background on the International Organization for Standardization.
Cover Feature: Lean for Distribution Logistics
The August issue of Material Handling Management magazine focuses on third party provider New Breed Logistics — an International Team Excellence award winner — and their use of Lean Six Sigma to increase througput.
Put Quality to Work for You
Improving Productivity Through Lean Six Sigma Ware house Design – Case Study
An improvement team worked collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to find solutions to meet the challenges of both current and future customers.
Prepared for Battle
For well-prepared organizations, the economic environment is hardly more of a challenge in bad times than in good.
- Process Optimization for Service Organizations Isn’t Rocket Science (PDF, 69 KB)
- Not Just Widgets Anymore (PDF, 107 KB)
- A Framework to Evaluate Service Operations: Dynamic Service-Profit Chain (PDF, 300 KB)
- Lending Industry Mortgages Its Future (PDF, 189 KB)
- A Call for Improvement
- Seeking Sustainable Success: ASQ Integrates Quality and Social Responsibility in the SERVICE and GOVERNMENT SECTORS (PDF, 652 KB)
- Quality Tools You Can Use – Pareto Chart (Excel, 54 KB)
- Process Optimization Flowchart (GIF, 20 KB)
- Flowchart Template (Excel, 125 KB)
- Financial Services Lean Six Sigma
- Free — Developing High Performance Supplier & Partner Relationships
- Intro to Best Practices in Service Quality Measurement
- Simulate & Root Cause Real-Life Customer Problems
- Creating a Culture of Quality
Lean for Service
Lean is a philosophy and a powerful set of tools designed to eliminate waste from processes. It also focuses on what adds value in processes from a customer's perspective.